A Mind+Body+Soul with.....a whole lot of crap within, aren't we all?;-P

Sunday, May 11, 2008

The New Earth by Eckhart Tolle...I likeee

When I first saw "The New Earth" via Oprah Prime time, I gasp for a second and a thought came to my mind, *this could be an answer to however I was feeling within*. Well, I've always had this turmoil and depression looming about and I kept remembering stuff or experiences that were heart wrenching...and forget the good experiences that happens. So, went over to 1BU one day...walked around and thought I'd head to MPH and thought that I should look for this book. When I couldn't locate it myself, I felt anxious and upset and the same feeling after the customer service staff told me that they don't have the one with ori cover shown in Oprah Prime time. Anyway, got the book...so excited about it. I couldn't read alot due to lazyness and etc...and had been EFT ing my troubles away. Then only recently, it felt as though I should truly read the book this time around. Decided to also log into Oprah's webcast on demand. I had never noticed Eckhart Tolle but when I saw him on the webcast, his face reminded me so much of a cousin brother of mine who left this world in 2006. So, I've been reading this book while listening to the discussion on webcast...simply profound and mind boggling yet mysterious. Talks about the self, ego, label, identity, pain body( I love this word), suffering and human being...just made me realise that I have had wrong perception and trapped in my mind. Probably because I had never consciously been present with things, people and with life. I have been thinking about the question - Who am I? and What is my life's purpose?...of late. I've been wanting to commit suicide as I felt I was a loser as things didn't turn out from what I had thought of wanted from my head! I have doubts if God is by my side since I'm not being with the present and there's this fear that resides within me. As I've been reading the New Earth, I have been practising being present in the moment. So far, I feel quite comfortable with just that. For someone who's mind and heart wanting to be somewhere and not "Now" but being with the present "Now" is huge. I had also took a short walk to the playground area opposite my house that has so many trees and sat at one of the benches. It would had been better if it was under a tree. Eckhart said that by labelling things, the true essence of it is gone and doesn't allow us to just feel the space, with things and be with the present moment as well. I tried not labelling trees and everything else while closing my eyes and be still. Oh wow! At that moment, I could feel so calm and just be with the present moment...calmness within. There were birds chirping, felt breeze and of course, the line dancing ladies and loud talking tennis players within that moment as well...how often do we just be still and be with present moment without our minds bringing us to things that need to be done later or tomorrow and who said what...yadda...yadda. I gotta turn my life around for the better at 360.hehehe. As it is, I like the awakening already as I think that was something that life has been trying to tell me to do or God was?and being in the mind with the works of the ego and pain bodies is really no fun for the spirit/consciousness/soul. You get sucked into a "black hole"!lol... I must say, I like things that open up my mind...my perceptions on things that vibrate with the world. I recognise some of the things that was mentioned in the book and there's so much to find out for my spiritual growth.....being awakened is just so......I am speechless...I'd rather Be still... *You are the dance and life is the dancer*....omg...confuzed! I thought I am the dancer...*Be still and know that I am God*....................Well, I have to re-read the 1st few chapters again and listen through the audio again to digest the gems that I may have missed.....lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so greatful to Eckhart Tolle and Oprah for turning me onto Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor and her beautiful book ""My Stroke of Insight"". Her story is amazing and her gift to all of us is a book purchase away I'm happy to say.

Dr Taylor was a Harvard brain scientist when she had a stroke at age 37. What was amazing was that her left brain was shut down by the stroke - where language and thinking occur - but her right brain was fully functioning. She experienced bliss and nirvana and the way she writes about it (or talks about it in her now famous TED talk) is incredible.

What I took away from Dr. Taylor's book above all, and why I recommend it so highly, is that you don't have to have a stroke or take drugs to find the deep inner peace that she talks about. Her book explains how. ""I want what she's having"", and thanks to this wonderful book, I can! Thank you Dr. Taylor, and thank you Eckhart and Oprah.